Friday, December 31, 2010

Vilcabamba/ Sacred Valley/ Heaven on Earth

Karen, Will, Kevin and I spent the past five days in Vilcabamba, a lush Andean valley in south Ecuador that first gained international attention when Reader's Digest published a piece highlighting the exceptional longevity of the Vilcabambans. Although folks don't live as long as they used to down there, it's easy to see how their relaxed way of life, fresh mountain air and clean mineral water are good for you. We filled our days with hiking, riding horses, playing in waterfalls, getting massages, lounging in hammocks, drinking fresh coffee, and eating well. The good life!


 


 





2 comments:

  1. What the hell happened to Will? Did those Doctors wash their hands before they did surgery? Is my #1 nephew OK? Did they clean out the wound with aqua del rio? I hope not. Please post some photos of Will and his new scar. I'm not pleased at all with this news. I can come and get will if he needs an escort home. OMG............... what brought this on? Did they try and bust those stones up with ultrasound? Is Willie in pain? Can he walk around? He's not going to stay in the hospital is he? (clinic or whatever) All my love to you guys. please post photo's of Will in the clinic. I need all the gorey details. what a way to start the new year. You Rock, Will. XXX Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks absolutely amazing!!! I don't remember seeing any luxuries like this when I was traveling in S.A. so long ago! I wanna come....Sounds like you are having a fantastic time (well, except for Will). Hopefully he is feeling lots better. That will be a story to remember!! Lindsay, I loved catching up on your blog. GREAT!!! Hi Karen.

    ReplyDelete